Hiya! We have some exciting projects in development here at Closet Core Patterns, and we are looking to expand our pattern testing pool. Interested in pattern testing for us?
We are looking for:
- Intermediate sewists, or confident advanced-beginners. You should be familiar with using sewing patterns and feel comfortable executing basic skills like installing zippers, finishing necklines, setting in sleeves etc.
- Must be interested in sewing construction, comfortable following directions, and able to articulate where clarity or corrections are needed to improve instructions and construction order.
- Must be able to take multiple well-lit photos of garments from a variety of angles so we can correctly assess fit.
The testing phase is a key component of our pattern development process. When a pattern is ready, all sizes must be represented equally for each round of pattern testing. At this time, we are ONLY looking for testers in specific size groups to ensure this equal representation.
Group one: Sewists who fall in our 0-20 size range with a B cup base (2″ difference between high and full bust), sizes 16, 18 and 20 only. See the sizes/measurements needed highlighted in yellow below.
Group two: Sewists who fall in our 14-32 size range with a D cup base (4″ difference between high and full bust), between sizes 22-32. See the sizes/measurements needed highlighted in yellow below.
- In general, we give 1-2 weeks to assemble supplies after confirming participation, and 2-3 weeks to make the finished garment, depending on complexity.
- We send a PDF pattern with the pattern in copyshop and print-at-home format, as well as the instructions.
- We send you a survey to fill out with questions ranging from pattern fit & construction to quality of instructions. Testers must also submit well-lit photos of the finished garment being worn so we can assess fit. We then use testing feedback to refine the pattern or instructions as needed.
- In addition to receiving the final copy of the finished pattern after its release, we pay a stipend to testers who fulfill the feedback requirements and meet the testing deadline on time.
- Testers are under no obligation to share their final makes on social media or blogs, since we use this process primarily to refine and improve our sewing patterns internally.
- We occasionally share testing photos after launch because our customers like to see patterns on a variety of different figures, but we only do so with permission. Granting permission to use photos is not a requirement to pattern test.
We are getting our next pattern ready for testing, and will only be contacting a select number of people who fulfill the specific sizing requirements we are missing for this project within the next week or two. If you are not contacted for this upcoming project, please don’t feel overlooked! We have lots of patterns planned and may write to you in the future regarding other opportunities.
Interested? Fill out the survey below!
UPDATE: As of Monday, April 26th, we have already received an overwhelming response to our tester call! Thank you! We will be leaving the survey open for the time being, but please note we will not be immediately reviewing new tester applications received after today.