Hello! Thank you so much for visiting Closet Core Patterns. We’d like to take a quick minute to explain how your personal information is collected, used and protected when you use our website. Please note that your privacy is very important to us. We will never sell your personal or contact information. We are committed to ensuring the privacy of your information and process data in accordance with the responsibilities outlined by the GDPR.
We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process served on our website.
What information is collected and used?
When you interact with our website, you may be requested to voluntarily provide the following information: name, email address, address, phone number, payment information. You may also be asked to provide information such as order number through our contact form.
Registration is not required in order to use or access this website. However, we may make forums, blogs, message boards or similar features available to our visitors. You may be asked to register for using these features, particularly if you wish to leave comments or publish content.
Please note that if you post comments or articles to any forum, blog or message board on this site, any personally identifiable information you provide in those comments or articles may be read, collated and used by anyone viewing them. As such, we are not responsible for personally identifiable information you may choose to make available through these channels.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
How is this information used?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you.
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud.
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
- The information you provide when you fill out our contact form allows us to follow up on your question or request so we may answer your inquiry. This information is kept in our records in case you have a future question.
Our newsletter can only be opted-in voluntarily. We will also ask you to confirm your subscription via email after you have opted in. When you voluntarily subscribe to our mailing list, your information is used to send occasional promotional information regarding new patterns, sales and events, or sewing inspiration. You may choose to unsubscribe at any time. If you would like your personal information permanently deleted from this mailing list, please contact us.
How is this information stored and protected?
Please note we do not share or sell lists of our customers’ personal information, including email addresses and data. We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store; you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site. You can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here.
We do not store any credit card or PayPal information in our records through our online pattern shop. Our shop is a Shopify-based store. Shopify complies with the highest level of Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards. You can learn more about PCI standards here.
A cookie is a small file that a website can place on your computer's hard drive in order to collect information about your activities on the site or to make it easier to use certain site functions. The cookie transmits this information back to the website's computer. Many users do not know that cookies are being placed on their computers when they visit websites. If you want to know when this happens, or prevent it from happening, you can set your browser to warn you when a website attempts to place a cookie on your computer.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information is corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
You may contact us at any time if you wish to request an update, correction, or deletion of your information.
If you have any further questions, please contact us here and it will be our absolute pleasure to address them!