Our sister brand, Core Fabrics, is hiring! We are looking for staff to cut fabric and fulfill orders for our new online fabric shop based in Montreal, Quebec. Read on for more details.
Core Fabrics is a new and innovative online fabric store with a mission to reduce the environmental and human impact of the craft industry. We want to empower our community of sewists to create with peace of mind by sourcing sustainable, ethical and beautiful fashion fabrics not available anywhere else.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Diversity is our gift, inclusion our ethos, and equity our daily focus. We are grateful for the richness of experience, opportunity and point of view that arises from building and growing a diverse team. We want every employee to feel supported, empowered and celebrated just as they are; this is part of our DNA. As lifelong learners, we continually focus on providing our people with the support they need to thrive both professionally and personally.
We are looking for part-time and full-time Fulfillment Clerks to help us launch our new online fabric store. You will be responsible for fulfilling customer orders and helping us set up and maintain our warehouse and shipping protocols and systems.
You should be able to lift and move rolls of fabric (up to 50 pounds) and cut fabric while standing at a cutting table. Experience with distribution and/or fulfillment is an asset, but most important is someone who enjoys physical work and is flexible, resourceful and can wear many hats while we get off the ground. If the potential to grow and evolve within an energetic, mission-led company excites you, we want to hear from you!
- Cut fabric into set lengths as per customer orders
- Accurately pick, pack, ship and track online orders in a timely manner
- Receive goods (rolls of fabric), unpack and breakdown pallets
- Maintain accurate and orderly inventory
- Keep the warehouse clean and in good order
- 1-2 years working in warehouse or fulfilment setting is an asset
- Able to lift and move up to 50lbs
- Basic computer skills
- A beautiful, sunny and centrally located workspace
- A collaborative, inclusive work environment with lots of opportunities to grow & develop
- Employee discounts on fabric
- Hourly wage starting at $16/hour depending on experience
Please send a CV with references, in addition to a cover letter introducing yourself, to email@example.com no later than August 10th, 2021. Ideally, our chosen candidates will be able to start as soon as possible in August. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.